Monday, August 9, 2010

Ok, a bit of info

So, I started running a year ago at the end of this month. I so badly wanted to run a race that I signed up for the Jean Bouin on November 29th, the day after my birthday, as a self birthday present. I told my brother and got him hooked so I signed him up too! That was our first race together. He did great, loved it and became and addict ;) I came in LAST but with my head up high after completing the 10k without walk breaks!

We then run the Cursa del Barri de Sant Antoni on January 24th 2010, another 10K. I did a lot better than the first. Still slow but not last!

After that we didn't run together until April 18th on the best race I've done so far. Perfectly well organized, lots of people, 18,000 of us out there... grand! Cursa dels Bombers de Barcelona. So we ran that and that's where I started a loss of motivation journey :( I think that all little things in life added up and poof... but I'm on the mend ;)

And after Bombers it was La Cursa de El Corte Inglés, an 11k also in Barcelona. I didn't train and well, didn't do bad but could have done better. Dani did awesome!

Up to yesterday we didn't run together again in Malgrat de Mar. It was a lovely little race with about 500 people in a little coastal town. Well organized despite the heat (organization can do nothing about it!). Dani did great although he hadn't trained or run since May 30th... being a man is good I guess! I was slow but then again I haven't done any proper training in ages, but I think I'm back at it! We finished and took a dip in the sea... lovely... nothing like finishing a race and having a little swim! The swim was over as soon as we spotted a couple jellyfish around us, LOL!

So, I found another 10k on August 29th, asked Dani and... we're signed up! So... more to come from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment