Sunday, September 12, 2010

2 more races done!

Oops... it's been a while! So the Forrest team, that's my brother Dani and I have run 2 more races. The first Ripollet, I downgraded to 5K, he run the 10K and it was great. A hilly course but with great company from Xavi Papell. He's injured and had to walk uphill. I waited for him. I know he'd done the same had it been the other way around! Finish time 35:35 but felt like I could have gone forever... not bad after hardly training! Having someone to run with did the trick too!

And yesterday, the Forrest team run again... a 12K here in Girona. He came from Barcelona and we run. I set off first (it was very popular so that could be done!) 20 minutes before everyone else (well... lots were going whenever) that was racing. Dani did great in 1:04. I did 1:27, not bad for me... felt great. Only walked the hills (they were steep, steep!) wich was about 2ks of the race and was happy to see I could run no problem over an hour... loved the feeling!

So, the Forrest team's next Race is next Sunday, la cursa de la Mercè in Barcelona, a 10K. Did it 4 years ago. Pretty flat and very popular. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment