Sunday, November 21, 2010

A new race for the "Forrests"

So today was the 87th edition of the Jean Bouin, a race run in Barcelona since 1920! Off we went to Barcelona. Got there 5 minutes before race started but we did walk 2.5k to get there so that was our warmup! Bid farewell and got ready to get started. I went to the back of the pack and to my surprise I saw my friend Maria and we run together the full race. It was great since she "pulled" me along. I did 40" per km faster than my last run on Tuesday... it was awesome and wanted more :P My brother broke 49' and did 48:17. He's a champ! I finished in 1:08:33... a minute and a half faster than my last race 3 weeks ago... happy!

Next race for the Forrest siblings is on Dec. 19th, a 5k in Lloret. Also running a 10K on Jan. 23rd and our beloved Bombers on April 10th!

More to come as we run races!

No comments:

Post a Comment